Monday, August 16, 2004

 

Show Hoppers

Saturday night I went to see "Ragtime" at Foothill Music Theatre (for the second time...great show.)

After the show, I was standing out in the courtyard talking to my friends in the show. "Ragtime" isn't a short show by any means, so it was after 11:15 PM by then.

I noticed three people, cast members back in street clothes, working on some dance steps in the courtyard.

I was thinking, wow, they close tomorrow, and they're still woodshedding their numbers?!

But no, these were some "Ragtime" cast members who also happen to be in "A Little Princess", and were working on some steps from rehearsal.

I think that's a pretty good definition of "dedication"!

[For those of you who don't know the term "woodshedding": it means working on or practicing something outside official rehearsal time. And it often carries the connotation of going over something over and over to get it down right.]



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?