Monday, August 30, 2004

 

When Art Shouldn't Imitate Life!

One thing I didn't mention in my mini-review of "A Little Princess" is a spine-tingling moment in Act II.

I'm hoping someone gave this note, but if not, then I am doing you all a favor by bringing it up.

There's a scene in Act II where the two Minchin sisters are having Christmas dinner. Somehow one or both of these fine actresses (Kimberly King and Molly Bell) managed to make the most consistent scratching cutlery sounds on their plates while they were "eating."

I'm getting goosebumps just writing about this.

All I know is I was squirming in my seat until the eating stopped and the conflict of the scene began.

Please, please, perhaps some felt affixed to the plate? I don't know, I've never been a Props person. There must be some trick that can prevent that? Any fine scenic folks out there who have dealt with this?

Or maybe it's just me? I'm particularly sensitive to the fingernails on chalkboard syndrome? See I just got goosebumps writing that phrase!

Anyway, if any of you see the show and find that the scratching noises are notably absent, let me know!



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?