Tuesday, September 07, 2004

 

Another review

This time from the Merc. (I think registration may be required.)

It's mixed in a similar way that other reviews have been. Praises the performers very highly, praises a lot of the visuals and choreography. Praises the score.

But like the others, suggests tinkering with the structure of the story.

What fascinates me is how reviewers choose their headline. Let's face it, a lot of folks probably read the headline and form their frame of mind to read the rest of any article.

I read plenty of reviews that choose a quite damning headline, but then the body of the review really isn't so bad.

I guess it must get more attention to be snarky. Well, I don't guess; I know!

When I lived in NYC it was John Simon reviewing for New York Magazine and Frank Rich at the Times that got all of the attention...mostly because they could be totally vicious. At least Rich stuck to being vicious about talent. Simon got vicious about people's appearance, or their ethnicity.

But, I digress.

Anyway. 2 more weekends to go for this world premiere production. Don't miss it. I love to be able to say I saw things first! It's been a great year or so for that in this area. First we had "Wicked" up in SF, now this.




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?